The Rhode Island Dental Association (RIDA) is a professional organization of Rhode Island dentists dedicated to the service of the public advancement of the profession through education, advocacy, and member services.
- The RIDA will be the public policy advocate for the provision of quality and ethical oral health care.
- The RIDA will be the primary source of professional education and information to its members.
- The RIDA will recruit and retain members of the Rhode Island Dental Association and increase member services.
- The RIDA will expand sources of non-dues income, maintaining responsible fiscal management of all resources within the Association Financial Plan.
- The RIDA will be recognized as the state’s primary provider of oral health care information to the public.
Goal One Objectives
- Advocate state legislation favorable to dentistry and provide legislators with information regarding quality and ethical oral health care.
- Influence and educate regulatory bodies for decision-making on scientific and public health issues of interest to dentistry.
- Increase communications with third party providers to recommend policies supporting quality and ethical oral health care.
Goal Two Objectives
- A Utilize membership study to better identify the information services and professional education programs that members need or want.
- Reach 100% of membership with all current and pertinent information on professional development, member services, current educational opportunities, etc., using a variety of media.
- Develop a program of continuing education that responds to the needs of the membership.
Goal Three Objectives
- Recruit new members.
- Retain existing members.
- Increase membership services.
Goal Four Objectives
- Explore current and potential revenue sources, including all products, services, individuals or companies which request RIDA endorsement.
- Promote products and services to a wider market, including RIDA
membership, non-members, dental auxiliary/staff.
- Develop a Financial Plan. The RIDA shall develop an Association Financial Plan to secure present and long term financial stability for the Association.
Goal Five Objectives
- Utilize the Committee/Council on Communications that will coordinate all communication efforts.
- Develop a Public Relations/Advertising Campaign to re-enforce our positive public image.
- Develop a Speakers Bureau and Spokesperson Training Program for dentists to provide the latest information on oral health care.
- Encourage an interchange of information among pertinent dental information sources.