As a new dentist, your needs and concerns are different from colleagues who graduated more than a decade ago. To help you with some of the challenges that face new dentists, the Committee on the New Dentist, which is a group of dentists who are less than 10 years out of dental school, have developed resources to address your unique needs, including:
- ADA for New Dentists
- Find unique resources and information at ADA.org/newdentist
- ADA New Dentist News
- Quarterly publication with articles, resources and offers exclusively for new dentist members
- New Dentist Now Blog
- Features resources for new dentists and dental students as well as news and insight on the dental profession and beyond
- New Dentists at ADA Annual Meeting
- Attend courses specifically designed for new dentists and a new dentist reception where you can network with colleagues across the nation
- ADA New Dentist Conference is now part of Annual Meeting – giving you an opportunity to learn and network with fellow new dentists and ADA leadership
- New Dentist Committee Network
- More than 200 state and local dental society new dentist committees at work addressing your needs and developing resources just for you
- ADA® Find-a-Dentist™
- Marketing yourself is one of the first things you need to do. Active licensed dentists can upload a photo, add a practice description and inform potential patients of accepted insurance plans, languages spoken and practice hours on the ADA’s consumer site, MouthHealthy.org. Visit ADA.org/MyADA to update your profile today.
ADA Reduced Dues Program
Recent graduates are eligible for graduated dues payments. Pay $0 your first full year out of dental or graduate school, then 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% of total ADA dues each subsequent year. Visit ADA.org/reduceddues for program details.