The Rhode Island Dental Foundation (RIDF) is located in Warwick, RI and is a nonprofit RI corporation established in 2001 by the Rhode Island Dental Association (RIDA). This foundation is a tax-exempt private foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The RIDF is sensitive to the workload of potential grantees and would like to manage the expectations of applicants seeking funding whose request may not meet our guidelines and policies. Therefore, we have attempted to provide the necessary information to streamline the grant application process. Please take advantage of this information by taking time to read and understand our requirements, guidelines, and policies.
The RIDF provides grants under the following needs:
To be organized exclusively for charitable purposes as set forth in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or any successor statute (the “Code”) and to meet at least one of the items listed below:
- To fund education and research programs designed to improve the art and science of dentistry in the State of Rhode Island.
- For dental public service projects in Rhode Island.
- To provide funding for programs to improve accessibility and availability of dental care for underserved citizens of the State of Rhode Island.
- To educate the Rhode Island public about oral health and the importance of oral health.
- To support Rhode Island oral health education.
- To support other Rhode Island charitable or educational projects related to oral health.
- To support free clinics or other projects involving Rhode Island Dental Association members that provide direct dental care to underserved populations.
No substantial part of the activities of the requester shall be for carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, except as otherwise provided in Section 501 (h) of the Code.
The requester shall not participate in or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.
The requester may not engage in any activity which is not permitted to be engaged in by an organization exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Code or to which charitable contributions may be deducted pursuant to Section 1 70, 2055 or 2522 of the Code.
The requester shall not be involved with dental service Corporations or other charitable foundations.
To apply, please complete the application below and mail to:
RIDF c/o The Rhode Island Dental Association
875 Centerville Rd.
Bldg. 4, Ste. 12
Warwick, RI 02886
Questions can be directed to the Rhode Island Dental Association at 401-825-7700.